Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Personal Analytics - Excel & Qlikview

Everyday, we take decisions, either at work or at home or during transit. How do we take our decisions? When we take decisions at work, we use "saved" data to help us out. But at home, we rely on our primary memory to help us out. We also rely on reviews on the web to help us take our decision. We rely on "Facebook" likes. But somehow, I am still not convinced that this will help us to make a decision that will be the closest to the best. So I decided to maintain my own personal analytics database. My first "personal" problem was finding the right health insurance for my dad. So I decided to make my own BI environment to help me take this decision.
  1. I used Excel for feeding & maintaining data. I profiled attributes of all kinds for this.
  2. I used Qlikview for BI analytics.
It is turning out to be a great exercise for me to find which insurance is the right one for my dad.

2 comments:

prabhu said...

so senthil whch is the best one ??

Senthilkumar Bala said...

I will let you know when I finish it